Wargaming     Role Playing     Boardgames     Game books     Software     Voice Over/Narration    

Sunday 24 April 2011

Fate of Cthulhu

I've been a fan of the Chaosium RPG "Call of Cthulhu" for years. But of late, I've fallen in love with RPGs that fit more into the story-telling genre. One of these is the generic system called FATE, by Fred Hicks and Rob Donoghue. The FATE system is a free PDF download ( link in the document below ) so it's worth taking a look!

So I've combined the two and written a short document on how to switch your play from Call of Cthulhu to FATE. So if you're looking to inject a little horror and madness into your FATE/Fudge gaming check this out.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, FNH! I've been listening to your Yog Radio contributions for a long time, and to your own podcast more recently ("The Coastal Circuit" was absolutely excellent, by the way). I never knew you were into the Fate system, though. I've actually done a similar adaptation, myself (rooted in Fate 3.0, rather than 2.0). Wanna see?

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RZA05r5a7prm7VzSgGaDCxIu_vfrUr24SaMGu6-UUCU/edit?hl=en&authkey=CO3ByoED#

    ReplyDelete